Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Dinner

Thanks to the technology, I have been getting free recipe from the internet for delicious foods. Since we ate the Easter chocolate egg as celebration yesterday. I have decided to cook something good for the Christian day. Here is the outcome. It was super delicious.

Rosemary Mustard Pork Chops that I learned from Zestycook.com
(Recipe can be found from the link on left)

I didn't use the sweet potato because my hubby doesn't like it. Instead, I replace it with salad (we eat salad almost every meal!) and maybe smash potatoes in future. I follow the quantity for the sauce although it was meant for 4 portions because I like to have more sauce. Paprika and rosemary bring excellent sense while the mustard taste was hidden in sugar but, I believed it was the one makes the sauce thicken.

This is the second time I cooked the dish. For the first time, hubby bought the chopped pork instead of pork chop. It was hilarious. Therefore I didn't cook in the oven but only with stove. Taste was good too however the original (using pork chop) is always the best. And the bad thing was the rosemary was still hard due to the short cooking time. Second thing to take note is if the pork chop is thin, searing time should be short and remove from frying pan as soon as it is brown (about 1-2 mins); regardless inside is cooked or not because it will be done in the oven. I cooked it too long in the pan until the meat was hard and tired to chew. Besides, I was quite wondering about adding the pork into the pan with the sauce as per the instruction because the sauce was very little and looks like will dry out in the oven. I followed the instruction anyway and it didn't dry out instead, there was really extra sauce remain in the baking pan to baste the pork before enjoy the food :)

I am so looking forward to create own recipe in time to come. Happy trying :)

No comments: